Project Leader, Mentor, Team Builder
- Discovery (Qualitative user experience research, analysis and synthesis) – Interviews, survey design, contextual inquiry, competitive analysis, participant screening (MS Office)
- Ideation – Sketching, brainstorming, affinity diagraming
- Interaction design / wireframing – Balsamiq, Omnigraffle
- Functional prototypes – Axure, InDesign, Keynote
- Usability testing – Remote and one-on-one, card sorting, user profiles, report creation (Morae, Camtasia)
- Web development – Proficient with Dreamweaver, WordPress, TextWrangler
- Book and graphic design – Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- Introduced and implemented new UX processes to a traditional web team within one quarter.
- Grew a collaborative UX research team with motivated participants.
- Increased the UXPA LA chapter membership tenfold within 2 years.
- Improved setup success rate from 60% to 95% for an award-winning document set.
- Managed all print and presentation projects with over a 95% on-time rate.
- Consistently generated highest profits of all departments, with staff cutbacks.
- Proactive, energetic strategic thinker who solves design, communication
and process problems.
- Team player with 10 years steering projects and 5 years as lead.
- Adaptive worker on diverse projects within range of companies.
UX Designer & Researcher VCA-Veterinary Centers of America Santa Monica, CA Sept. 2016-Present
I conduct user research and am responsible for the UX design of Patient Treatment Management (PTM)—a new web-based feature for WOOFware, VCA’s enterprise medical records software. It’s game changing tools allow doctors and technicians to order, schedule and complete treatments from their desktop and iOS tablets to provide cage side patient care. We have begun piloting with specialty hospitals.
UX Designer & Marketing Manager Verisurf Software Anaheim, CA Nov. 2015-Sept 2016
Wearing multiple hats within an established metrology software development company I work with developers and marketing to implement the evolution of the software and growth of the company.
User Experience Designer | Researcher ALEKS/McGraw Hill Education Irvine, CA Jan. 2014-Jan. 2015
Design lead and researcher for students of all levels. Solved interface design problems; responsible for researching issues, creating solutions and delivering to developers. Worked with content managers, technical product managers, UX manager, researchers and developers. In dual role also developed and established best practice research processes that informed the UX team. Tools: Axure, PowerPoint, CS Suite, MS Office, WebEx, Morae, Survey monkey.
UXPALA Board Member (elected volunteer) Director of special projects & Social media Oct. 2012-Nov. 2014
Helped grow new Los Angeles area chapter: with 4-6 activities a year, grew from a few hundred members to several thousand. Responsible for the website, social media, recruiting volunteers, recording minutes, and event activities.
Web & Software Interaction Designer Extron Electronics Anaheim, CA Oct. 2012-Dec. 2013
Led new UX efforts as the first UX hire in the web marketing department, and later moved to the software UX design team. Planned, recruited and conducted user research, analyzed the data, collaborated with product managers, and created annotated wireframes for developers to create user-centered design solutions. Tools: Balsamiq, PowerPoint, CS Suite, MS Office, Join.me, Camtasia
UX Researcher Hilary User Experience Los Angeles, CA 2011-2012
Assisted with qualitative user research projects, activities included brainstorming/ideation, In-depth interviews, usability testing and research synthesis. Clients included mobile navigation, mobile bank, collaboration software, and online real estate. Tools: PowerPoint, CS Suite, MS Office, WebEx, Morae, Camtasia, Survey monkey
User Experience | Project Management | Marketing UCLA Marketing & Special Events 2011-2012
Conducted remote usability studies of beta video portal. Performed client management, planned task-based research, screened and recruited prospective students, conducted remote usability tests, edited session videos, analyzed the data and delivered findings report.
508 Communications, Inc. Los Angeles, CA 2011-2012
Conducted user research for a startup fitness company website including; competitive analysis, survey design and reporting, and synthesis of existing research.
Titansan Engineering, Inc. Newport Beach, CA 2009-2012
Worked closely with the CEO, product manager and developer of technology startup that created iPhone apps for the metrology industry. Responsible for all print and web materials and app visual design; helped guide usability and user experience. Tools: PowerPoint, CS Suite, MS Office, Basic HTML tools-Dreamweaver, WordPress
Production Art Director N Magazine Sacramento, CA 2005-2008
Managed production and produced layouts for startup community magazine. Responsibilities also included ad creation, scheduling/tracking & file management, budgeting/billing, photography, website updating and community communications. Tools: PowerPoint, CS Suite, MS Office, Basic HTML tools-Dreamweaver
Senior Information Developer Gateway Computer Company N. Sioux City, SD 1997-1999 As member of User Experience team, created award-winning (STC) startup documentation. Paired with technical writer, worked closely with human factor engineers and marketers to create content and graphics. Iterated designs by understanding users with OOBE studies.
UX Training / Teaching Assistant
Ithakai – Irvine, CA
Interaction Design Workshop
Cooper U workshop
User Experience & Usability Testing Certificate
California State University – Fullerton
Bachelor of Industrial Design Pratt Institute NY, NY